Relocation can be very complicated. We get local Northern Kentucky home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website consistently saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Northern Kentucky“. The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Northern Kentucky right now!).
There are so many details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for an extended period of time. That gets expensive and is unnecessary.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Northern Kentucky, things can change in the blink of an eye. Many factors come into play here such as Interest rate fluctuations and the economy. Unless you have plenty of money, you probably can’t afford to hold onto an empty house for several months.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Northern Kentucky house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Northern Kentucky… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. Your property’s value will be determined by Comparable home values, the age, size, condition, neighborhood appeal, and the health of the market in general. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market, that sets the basis for your next steps. You may find out that your house is worth more than you anticipated, and will sell quickly. If this is the case, Great! Conversely, you may find out your house is worth less than you thought and will take longer to sell. If the latter is the case, do not worry, this is especially where direct home buyers like us can help homeowners. We can closes on houses quickly and with no repairs needed.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is big. There have been professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house, and how long you’re willing to keep making two mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc. Having a plan is very important when selling your house. Leaving town without selling your house first, or creating a selling plan, could cost you significantly.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Keep in mind, if you choose to work with a real estate agent, you will be stuck with several extra fees when you sell your house, whereas working with a direct homebuyer like us, you get to skip those fees. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price:We all aspire to maximize the sale price of our houses. However, one aspect that many individuals tend to overlook is determining the exact amount it costs to retain ownership of the property. These costs encompass the mortgage, where a significant portion of the payment during the initial 10 years primarily covers interest rather than principal. Additionally, expenses such as insurance, taxes, and maintenance contribute to the overall cost.
For instance, let’s assume you aim to sell your house for $200,000. Considering a mortgage payment of $1,300 per month, $300 per month for taxes, $150 per month for insurance, and $150 per month for maintenance (including lawn care and repairs during your absence), these “non-equity building” expenses accumulate to $1,900 per month. If it takes you 7 months to sell the house through a real estate agent for the desired price, you would incur $13,300 in direct “holding costs” and an additional $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for both the buyer’s and seller’s agents). Consequently, the total amount of lost money would reach $25,300. Moreover, this calculation does not even account for the value of your time, the stress associated with the property remaining on the market, or the opportunity cost of utilizing that extra money during those 7 months. Therefore, the actual cost to you is likely closer to $30,000.
However, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of these expenses? Even if you were to sell at a discounted price below the retail value, let’s say $175,000, you would still be in a better position by selling the house now at a discount to a direct home buyer like our company, rather than waiting 7 months to sell at the full price and incurring holding costs and real estate agent fees.
Does this explanation make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Northern Kentucky agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you have plenty of time and have an exceptional property, it may be prudent to gauge the market’s interest by offering it at a significantly higher price. There is a slight possibility that an individual may fall in love with property and be willing to pay a higher amount – as people have been known to act irrationally when driven by love. This particular scenario has been observed on numerous occasions in recent years.
In reality, the majority of properties are rather average. They tend to resemble the neighboring houses, much like how individuals residing in close proximity often share commonalities. So, unless one’s property possesses truly exceptional qualities, like those found in magazines, it is unlikely that pricing it at the highest point will play out well for you.
Another strategy to consider is simultaneously marketing the property for both rent and sale, in order to determine which option garners interest first. However, it is crucial to maintain control over the entire process, as even experienced real estate brokers can get confused by such an approach.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Cristo Rey Investments, LLC And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Northern Kentucky?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Northern Kentucky home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- Want a fair price for their property
- Or a variety of other reasons
We’re passionate people, and we believe in the Northern Kentucky community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off. We’re always happy to speak with sellers and get them on the right track, whether that is selling to us, or taking another route.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Northern Kentucky real estate, so please feel free to call us at (859) 912-7763 and chat with us anytime.